Nuzee is a New Zealand skincare company that focusses on producing natural products that are gentle on your skin and on the earth. All the products in their ‘Natural’ and ‘Organic’ range bears the Bio Gro certified logo. Bio Gro is a New Zealand organic certifier that audits manufacturers according to principles of sustainability concerning organic cultivation and manufacturing processes. Their standards exceed the New Zealand Government's own organic standards and the fact that all Nuzee products bear their logo is a testament to the fact that their stringent policies have been met. This ensures that from the farm to the factory, you can trust that Nuzee products attempt to stick to the highest natural, organic and transparent standards. Nuzee products are also produced in small runs in the belief that this assists in ensuring that the quality of Nuzee products are not compromised.
In particular Nuzee’s Organic Series product line adheres to principles such as excluding the use of:
- Water: organic aloe vera juice is used in the place of water.
- Paraben Preservatives: replaced with Benzyl alcohol, dehydroacetic acid (DHA) and potassium sorbate as certified by Bio Gro. Parabens are alleged to possibly cause cancers.
- Coloring: excluding colouring ensures that the natural colour, plant oils and other characteristics are maintained.
- Synthetic oils: excluded because they could clog pores and cause acne. Organic plant oils are used in their place.
- Artificial Fragrance: can irritate skin and cause allergies.
- Peg Emulsifier: might cause skin allergies. Olive oil used instead.
Nuzee’s Organic series tries to utilise the best ingredients found in the pristine areas of New Zealand. The gentleness of the ingredients means that many of their moisturizers are appropriate for use on the face, as well as the rest of the body. Nuzee’s concern with pure natural ingredients possibly stems from the fact that this company began life making products that catered to children with weak skin immunity. Although they have now grown and branched out into other areas, their products still reflect their original principles.
Have a look at their Natural and Organic range at Shop NewZealand.