Monday 6 August 2012

Coconut Oil is really good for your skin

Did you know coconut oil is good for your skin and healthy hair? Well still have not come across and article that discuss hair but it's a myth that I have often been told by, by my mother. I remember my mum using coconut oil on my skin, hair, and on my face, never asked her why she does it. As I was amazed by the shining glow of the coconut oil on my skin and on my hair. So needless to say I continue through the use of coconut oil as my daily moisturizer until I discovered other beauty products that I suddenly stop.

Now I recently discover that coconut oil that whole time was doing good things to my skin. This maybe explain the reason behind my young looks that people are often shocked by because of my age. Now thinking back on it I'm glad I never questioned my mum's persistent of using coconut oil nor questioned why. As for my hair it didn't do much with making it less bushy but softer.

The reason why Coconut Oil is good for our skin according to my finding is that Coconut is a rich source of MCFA. The physiological effects of MCFA in coconut oil are distinctly different from those of LCFA more commonly found in our foods. The saturated fatty acids in coconut oil are predominately medium-chain fatty acids. Both the saturated and unsaturated fat found in meat, milk, eggs, and plants (including most all vegetable oils) are composed of LCFA.

MCFA are very different from LCFA. They do not have a negative effect on cholesterol and help to protect against heart disease. MCFA help to lower the risk of both atherosclerosis and heart disease. It is primarily due to the MCFA in coconut oil that makes it so special and so beneficial.
There are only a very few good dietary sources of MCFA.


You can get certified coconut with the real benefit of MCFA online today. 




No comments: